Saturday, April 10, 2010

Beauty in theEye of the Beholder

Beauty in the Eye of the Beholder.
Tammy Godin

As I look at a photo of me in my wedding dress, I see a story. I awoke this morning to God revealing so much to me just through a simple photo.
I was not a very pretty bride. I was a size 20, and in the worst shape of my life. But even more on than that I was mess on the inside. To simply and bluntly put it, I was crazy. I had so much jealousy, guilt, and anger in me that poor Leo never knew who he would be talking to or dealing with at any given moment. Here is the amazing part. He married me despite all of that. He married me at my worst. When the justice of the peace said, “for better or for worse,” I could only imagine what must have been going through his mind. Worse? Could it get worse? I would have run and run fast.
Then it hit me. Jesus is like this and even more. Jesus sees all of us. He sees the complete picture. He hears all our thoughts, he knows our every motive. Jesus sees our ugly inside. He sees through all the lies and the makeup. And you know what? He still wants us. He still loves us with an unconditional love. He still gives us oppurtunity after oppurtunity to become His. It makes me wonder, why? Why would He want to add me to His family as crazy as I can be? And then I hear His answer. I love you. I see your potential. Sure, I can see how confused, hurt, and messed up you are. But, I also see how beautiful you are. I see your potential. I see my child that I created. I see the reason I died on the cross for. Amazing isn't it. Just sit and take this in for a minute. Absorb this. Christ loves you wherever you are at. There is nothing to ugly for Him. He sees your beauty and He longs to make you His.
15 ½ years later, I am still married to the wonderful man who married me despite my imperfections. It has been a hard journey, but a very rewarding journey. And through it all I have found my faith again. I am inspired to better myself each day because my Savior, Jesus died for me at my ugliest and saw my potential. He deserves the best I can give Him. He deserves it from all of us.
Stop listening to the lies that you are not worth loving. Don't look in the mirror and see imperfections. See the child of God, created by Him, and loved by Him. See the beauty you truly are.

No comments:

Post a Comment